I run OnlineOrNot on the side, a service that provides better uptime monitoring and status pages for your team's product.
I also run this blog, where I write about React, and provide advice that hopefully helps improve your career as a frontend developer.
If you read something here and like it, feel free to share it and let me know!Table of Contents
- useEffect By Example
- Get the hang of using useEffect like a pro, with useEffect By Example.
- You'll learn how to use useEffect to fetch data, and avoid pesky race conditions. Take the guesswork out of using the dependency array, and prevent infinite re-renders through the use of useCallback and useMemo, while also keeping ESLint happy.
- The Beginner's Guide to React Testing
- Do you find yourself asking these questions when it comes to testing in React?
- How do I get started testing?
- What are all the React testing tools and how do I use them?
- Which testing framework should I use (Enzyme or React Testing Library)?
- What are the different types of tests we use in React?
- How do I make testing a habit? What's a good level of test coverage?
- Should I be doing test-driven development (TDD)?
- If so, then this guide is for you.
- Examples of large production-grade, open-source React apps
- Understanding useState's initial value
- Preventing infinite re-renders when using useEffect and useState
- Fetching Data in React with useEffect
Year in review
- (2021) Strangers from the internet paid for my MacBook Air: on my 4th year of indiehacking
- (2020) Indiehacking: a review of my 3rd year
- 2019: Further reflections on trying to start an internet business
- 2018: Reflections on trying to start an internet business
I'm also on mastodon.